Over 10+yrs of Software Engineering & Research experience at Fortune 500 companies & startups, with about ~4+yrs of experience in building & leading high performance engineering teams in development & automation efforts, across different geographies, in alignment with business needs, with agility of startup & discipline of enterprise. I have a successful track record of bootstrapping quickly and delivering projects within committed timelines (references available upon request).
I enjoy digesting complex requirements/designs, simplifying them, and converting them to implementations which are future-proofed, optimized, scalable, resilient Cloud SaaS solutions. I have a good exposure to projects which has required technical and financial understanding to help move from CAPex/OPex to Cloud based patterns. I have successfully lead & worked in projects with a diverse and well-integrated team of Product, Development, QA, and Operations Engineers. I am a big believer & adopter of DevOps practices. Also, I prefer automating my way through all the laborious manual operational tasks and believe in “Fail-Fast” approach to solving problems.
My domain expertise are primarily in the following 3 areas Cloud (Services & Infrastructure), Mobile & Machine-Learning today. My recent focus has been more in the Cloud Infrastructure side for Machine-Learning & Data-Science needs.
Algorithms Data Platforms (Level-5), Algorithms
- Supported our 200+ Data Scientists with modern, robust & secure Data Science Tools & Platform.
Software Engineer 4, Cloud Collaboration
- Built & supported Cisco Spark, now Webex Teams, Platform & Infrastructure.
Senior Member Technical Staff, Cloud Identity Management
- Built microservices, deployment tools & infrastructure for a multi-tenant Identity Cloud Service (IDCS).
Engineer (R&D) ← Interim Engineering Intern, Research
- Built tools to process phone sensor data & generate ML models for SoC Thermal Research & Context Awareness projects.
Teaching Assistant, Computer Science
- TA for Computer Architecture & Automata Formal Languages for Undergrad CS students.
Senior Engineer (R&D) ← Engineer (R&D), IPTV Multimedia
- Designed & developed IPTV systems - including Headend systems, Backend Systems and Mobile/Web/TV Clients.
Research Scholar, Medical Image Processing
- Developed 3D/4D Medical Imaging Techniques for Thoracic Insufficiency Syndrome (TIS), to model Lungs & Diaphragm from 2D MR Images, to aid docs in planning an accurate surgery on child patient.
- Implemented a PoC for Cadbury factory packaging automation. Integrated vision systems into ABB’s Flexpicker robot and programmed the robots and conveyor belts using ABB’s proprietary programming tool (Robot Studio) to pick individual scattered chocolates from the conveyer belt and place them in a neat pre-defined arrangement in a box.
Intern, Production & Quality
- Designed & developed a Computer Vision setup to speedup quality checks on manufactured PCBs. Reduced quality-check time from 7mins to 20secs per PCB & eliminated manual parallax error.